Welcome to the AutoLog Product page!
iOS Paid App
AutoLog is a versatile app designed with the car enthusiast in mind. Yet, it is an essential app for anyone interested in keeping a detailed maintenance log for any type of car, normal, classic or collectable.
iOS Free App
AutoLogLE is a versatile app designed with the car enthusiast in mind. Yet, it is an essential app for anyone interested in keeping a detailed maintenance log for any type of car, normal, classic or collectable. This free version allows the user to manage a single car in order to determine if AutoLog is right for you.
"Managing car maintenance made simple."
AutoLog is an essential app for anyone interested in keeping a detailed maintenance log for any type of car, normal, classic or collectable.
After many years keeping paper logs or Excel based logs, we created AutoLog to take the time an effort out of this task. Your log is always in your pocket and just a few quick taps creates useful data that is simple to maintain. No more forgetting to make an entry when you arrive home. Plus the answers to your maintenance questions can be found at the tip of your fingers.
AutoLog App Design
AutoLog is designed to make the task of managing service data and trip data related to a specfic car simple and effortless. It does this by allowing you to create each car that you would like to manage and then enter the service data and trip data for that car.
The app was designed primarily to simplied the recording and tracking of these data for collectable cars. When managing data related to a collectable car it is always a good idea to keep a detailed record of how the mileage was expended for the car. Often these data coupled with the detailed maintenance data enables a collector to understand how well the car has been maintained and driven over the years. This documentation can help increase and/or justify the resale value of the car.
You are free to manage cars as you like because AutoLog is designed to be flexible. For example, with an everyday car you may choose to only record service related entries and totally ignor the trip tab althogether. Normally most folks are not intereted in tracking the mileage for their everyday car. Perhaps you may decide to record major trips or vacations for future reference.
AutoLog Key Features
- Cars can be reordered to display as desired (using two-finger touch).
- Supports multiple cars - basically unlimited number of cars.
- Duplicate a Car record and/or e-mail car data to your machanic.
- Record service / maintenance entries by category (separately for each car).
- Record trip data separately for each car.
- Automatically saves active settings on exit and reloads them on the next launch.
- Swipe delete for all entry types, cars, service and trips.
- Delete individual service entries;
- Delete individual trip entries;
- Or delete a car and all service and trip entries related to that car.
- Numeric data can be entered number pads or using data pickers.
- All text data may be entered or selected from optional popup picker.
- All log data stored in a SQLite3 database.
- The database can be backed up and/or shared with other iOS devices.
- Plus many other features in development for future releases!
Getting Started, First Steps
- In order to begin using AutoLog, you must add at least one car.
- The new car is automatically saved to the database.
- Then you may enter values for each of the car data fields by touching the field you would like to change.
- Once a car has been added you may add Service entries and Trips entries for the car.
- You can use Copy Service or Copy Trip in order to help speed up data entry. For example, entering multiple items from one invoice.
- After entering data into AutoLog, reports can be generated.
Tips for New Users
- Remember to Backup your data and copy it to your desktop computer using iTunes File Sharing feature for safe keeping.
- Be sure to review the other configurable settings to help improve your experience using AutoLog to manage your cars.
- To upgrade to a new iOS device, connect your old device to your computer and allow iTunes to perform a complete backup before connecting your new device. Then connect your new device and DO NOT install it as a new device. Restore the backup that was just created. This will restore all of the from your old device to the new device.